Questions To Start A Peace Discussion
- 1a: quiet; tranquillity 1b: mental calm.
- 2a: freedom from or the cessation of war. 2b: Peace; a treaty of peace between states at war.
- 3: Freedom from civil disorder.
- 4: a ritual liturgical greeting.
- The concept of peace not only includes the idea of harmony, but also enriches it. Therefore, wherever you find peace, you will also find harmony. Thomas Aquinas
- True peace is not just the absence of conflict but the presence of justice. Mahatma Gandhi
- To have peace, and to keep peace, we must want peace. Aristide Briand
Add your statement about peace to these.
Some discussion starters:
- What is peace?
- What is conflict?
- Everyone has the right to live in peace. What do we understand when we make this statement?
- How can PPSEAWA members promote peace within the Asia Pacific region?
- What is my place?