Founded in the summer of 2007 through seed donations from dedicated members of PPSEAWA Hawaii and the Special Fund balance contribution by PPSEAWA USA. Its purpose is to enable the Association to give financial support to inspiring young women who are willing to carry PPSEAWA's mission and work into the future, by contributing to PPSEAWA's regional activities through innovative ideas and personal leadership.
Sample Purposes for an Award
- Attending for the first time a PPSEAWA International Conference to present a Project/Programme relevant to the Conference Theme.
- To conduct or attend a workshop outside of PPSEAWA which promotes the Association's mission and enhances the grantee's personal skills.
- Start up funds needed for a specific economic project for the betterment of her local community (e.g. micro financing), for possible adaptation into PPSEAWA.
- Additional funds for a larger, ongoing project which may become self sustaining and PPSEAWA funds may be repaid at some later point in time.
Eligibility for Awards
- Any woman between the ages of 18 and 34, residing and working within the PPSEAWA specific region.
- Any current PPSEAWA member or young woman intending to become a member, at the above age group.
- Applications must include a brief recommendation by a current PPSEAWA member in good standing or a PPSEAWA Country association's board.
Responsibility of Award Recipient
- Timely submission of the application, together with a personal need outline and detailed description of the use of the funds.
- The Young Woman will be expected to report within six months on the benefits and progress resulting from the fund's financial support and assistance received.
Selection Process and Award amounts
- Application forms must be submitted for approval to the Executive Committee and review by the Finance Committee. The Executive Committee and two directors review the project for merit, by considering the goals and the feasibility of the project.
- The Finance Committee determines the amount of each award dependent on availability of funds. Each award is not to exceed US$1,000.