The application period for the Young Women's Fund is open from 1 November 2020, and will be closed on 31 January 2021. Applicants must contact their PPSEAWA NMO Presidents or their national Board of Directors for more information and the link to the application.
Founded in the summer of 2007 through seed donations from dedicated members of PPSEAWA Hawaii and the Special Fund balance contribution by PPSEAWA USA. Its purpose is to enable the Association to give financial support to inspiring young women who are willing to carry PPSEAWA's mission and work into the future, through projects that benefit women and girls living within the area covered by PPSEAWA International.
Sample Purposes for an Award
- Start up funds needed to establish a new socio-economic project for the betterment of her local community (e.g. micro financing), for possible adaptation into PPSEAWA.
- Host an event or project for vulnerable youth.
- Fulfill a need in an ongoing project in your local community to become self-sustaining.
- Mentor emerging youth leaders in skills such as proposal writing, project planning and development, creating a sustainable budget, etc.
Eligibility for Awards
- Any woman between the ages of 18 and 34, who is a PPSEAWA member in good standing.
- Applications must include a brief recommendation by the PPSEAWA NMO President, or a member of the applicant's National Board of Directors in her home country.
- The applicant must reside and work within a PPSEAWA country. The applicant must be the primary planner and leader of the project.
Responsibility of Award Recipient
- Timely submission of the application, together with a personal need outline and detailed description of the use of the funds.
- The recipient must work with the PPSEAWA NMO Treasurer to manage the award. The award will be deposited into the PPSEAWA NMO Bank Account and be disbursed to the recipient as needed by the PPSEAWA NMO Treasurer.
- The Young Woman will be expected to report within six months on the benefits and progress resulting from the fund's financial support and assistance received.
Selection Process and Award amounts
- Application forms must be submitted for approval to the Executive Committee and review by the Finance Committee. The Executive Committee and two directors review the project for merit, by considering the goals and the feasibility of the project.
- The Finance Committee determines the amount of each award dependent on availability of funds. Each award is not to exceed US$1,000.
- Projects that are selected for grants may be announced on a rolling basis, and subsequent grants are dependent on the Fund's replenishment.